From Middle Tennessee

TnTom

Dec 27, 2013
Woodbury Tn
Detector(s) used
don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just discovered the site and have never really ventured into treasure hunting but in the back of my mind I thought maybe this could be a gas. I am fortunate enough to have some Civil War lands around me and a relatively active running stream through my property lots of washed in gravel that is replenished by mother nature after heavy rains. I do take the gravel out in small quantities to replace what mother natures removes from my drive way but have never really examined it other than glancing. Maybe theres a big (or little) gold nugget or maybe rubies or diamonds or.....I did find an old canon ball!
Im thinking along the lines of a metal detector to evaluate the gravel.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome here Tom, sounds like you have lots of fun ahead of you!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
know coily from nashville?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh no, coily will like tom better than me now

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi tom id look for arrowheads right now since you do not have a detecter yet.sounds like a good spot you have already

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet.

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pp-civilwar-print2 (2).jpg

OP
OP
T

TnTom

Dec 27, 2013
Woodbury Tn
Detector(s) used
don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I sure have enjoyed such a warm welcome! Thank ya'll very much. I see 3 Tn neighbors and no Jeff haven't met CoilyGirl as of yet :happysmiley:

Started looking at all the options, I had no idea. I do have a question though. My being on a very fixed income Ive narrowed it down for now to those under $300. When comparing features what would be the 5 most important, Ive found a good cross ref for comparison? Reading the reviews makes a difference Im finding some interesting comments. This probably isn't the best thread area for a bunch of questions but is Hz bigger or smaller better?

One more mention I am a federally licensed gunsmith and dealer and would love to see if some bartering of services or product my be tempting, just a thought.

Im sure of one thing I'll bet there are more mule shoes than carters got pills in these hills but a buried cannon sure would make my day or some gold bars! Thanks for the welcome Im sure I'll be around for a long time (God willing).

Last edited:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome from florida.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Greetings from the south east corner. You got civil stuff "out the wazoo" over there. Woodbury and McMinnville. I used to come over there to hunt many years ago. I was once in a place called Hill's Cove and it had a historic marker. We were reading the marker and I got a detector out of our car and checked the ground right there and hells bells dug a few bullets right at the marker. It shocked the people with me. :headbang:

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Alabama and happy hunting to you. Be sure to share your cool finds as well as the things that you learn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread