Decided to try a new hobby......panning in the tuolumne river in stanislaus county

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
cheap harbor freight detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i did some research of the river and the area i live at and 8 miles up stream is a claim that states on the map as tailings and main produce was gold on the gold map i used. and in waterford is were the dredge fields are about 20 miles +/- upstream and still are in production there as it says on the map probably not dredging tho as the law is here. I figured there just may be a chance of finding gold in my area. ive herd a story from someone i know that they new a guy that would go down to the river here in Empire and would find gold. the river right now is at the lowest ive seen it in years and thought i would try my luck.

Last edited:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome aboard, you my friend, are in gold country. Just becareful where you stake your claim and check with blm to help you stay legal. But youve got tons of places to try. I heard that if you pan or sluice and stay in the river to get gold you are not on any one's land. But those rules may have since changed. (Shh...) My fav spot was on the yuba river half a mile up river from independence bridge. Check it out.:goldpan:

OP
OP
S

Santafe308

Jan 11, 2014
modesto,ca
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster IV
Fisher M-97
cheap harbor freight detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was farther investigating the area on the minecatche for google earth and found a old claim that closed in 1989 that is even closer than the tailings upriver.about a 3 mile walk from here.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread