xHOPPx

Jan 15, 2014
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickDraw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to all from the MS Gulf Coast!

I'm just getting started and picking up an enormous amount of good information from this site. I just want to say that a couple of years ago I met an incredible couple in Biloxi, MS, at a friends wedding who basically introduced me to the world of detecting, and what really impressed me most about these two was their commitment to the hobby. They were so passionate about how they would detect, checking permissions and such, caring for the land, and most of all, always checking for the owner if they located a piece of jewelry and such. They even made the comment to me, that still sticks in my mind, that if someone asks them to search an area where they think they lost a ring or some other item, they said "the rule" is that if you find the item, you accept no reward. Now I know that is a small thing, but it blew me away. The Rule.
I chatted with this couple for at about 2 hours, they even got invited to the reception, and were nothing short of a delight to speak with, sharing their stories of their travels and finds, and they left me with a desire to pick up the hobby, and finally all the cards fell into place and (hurray!) I'm beginning, my 6 year old son is my helper, so I guess 'we' are beginning. I started with the beach, and so far we have 53 cents, (two quarters and 3 pennies) but to both of us, finding it together made it 'treasure'! I've started looking at additional tools and welcome ideas or suggestions on the best way to carry, load, or pack the items for a days outing. I'm sure there have been plenty of searches here after Katrina ravaged the coast, and I have to admit I feel some kind of way (guilt?) about searching certain areas.
So reach out if your in the area, I'm excited to have found this site, and to the couple, if you were at Marriotts in Biloxi Mississippi about 2 years ago, drinking with a bald guy in all white (Best Man), and dancin it up at the reception, Please say Hi! To everyone else, thanks for letting me ramble!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Mississippi for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome and good luck from N. Mississippi.

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham Alabama, I wish you happy and safe hunting. We look forward to seeing your cool finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread