molonlabe64

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2014
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a coin/stamp collector since I was a kid but I have NEVER been metal detecting before so I am most definitely new to the hobby but intrigued would be an understatement as I have recently realized I have had this dormant inclination to do some metal detecting my whole life. So here I am. I don't have my equipment yet but I purchased the ACE 250 kit from Kellyco. I initially bought one from Optics Planet and thought I got a good deal but when I checked out the Kellyco website, and saw what I could get for an additional $40, I immediately cancelled my O.P. order and got the "Option #2" package from Kellyco; so now I am ready (or at least I will be when the shipment comes). My only problem besides the wait, is the fact that there is a foot of snow on the ground right now but hope springs eternal for the winter thaw :) I have already started my research for the local area, rail trails, lakes, reservoirs, parks, old railroad beds (not yet turned into rail trails), local woods, state parks, and some old abandoned buildings. Have I missed anything? I think I have enough area to last me a few years...I hope they are fruitful and I can't wait until I find my first silver coin! M.L.64

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T'net! If you've been a collector, you are going to love detecting. It is the thrill of the hunt along with the pleasure of owning your treasures. Just be very certain when you go that you have permission. I know detecting in Texas state parks is illegal. You will be able to find out more about PA by visiting the state forum. If you need advice, just ask us! If I can help, don't hesitate to PM.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!Your gonna like this site!Be sure to look at the coin and stamp forums.This site has information and discussions about, just about any collectable,Hunting, hobby you can think of "I think I found a new home myself".After your machine arrives "I say" welcome to the best hobby in the world!Get to know your machine and good luck! joe

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imagesJ1R2ZVLA.jpg

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Washington County, PA.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We all wish you luck, and hope you benefit from the vast amount of info on the "Tnet". Lots of opinions, facts, and stories, no matter what your interests are. Enjoy!

Jaxx

Jan 30, 2014
Verona, P.A.
Detector(s) used
I am going to purchase my first detector by end of Feb. 2014. im leaning toward At Pro, but im very much a novice in the field. i have wanted to get into the hobby for a very long time. Finally going
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello, i am from western P.a. also..i am in same boat you are in with the snow, and i have also started mapping out places i would like to look..i am purchasing my first metal detector from kellyco this month, just not sure which one i want..i am a total novice at metal detecting but have been avid coin collector since i was little. My dad owned hobby store in downtown pittsburgh. i think i am going to need help when i first start out when the weather breaks, so i am looking for help, advice, and other people to go with and learn what to do..good luck to you..

Jo Ann

Jan 31, 2014
Armstrong County PA, NE of Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100

bought at RS a few years back. Used mainly to look for horseshoes in the pasture
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jaxx, I grew up in Verona. There was an area at the first right turn across the track That had vacant areas that would be good for metal detecting. But I haven't been there for years. Once people I knew stopped going to futules on allegheny river BLVD, I stopped going back. Also sleuthing around the boat club docks would be good too. i don't know if that is still there, but drunken folks lose alot of stuff. ;-)

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama. This is a great place to share safe, effective treasure hunting information. Good job on your research and happy hunting. We look forward to seeing your cool finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread