Hello, New to the forms. Im MARK!

MarkC777

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Guys
Im Mark a 14 year old , that would like to get into to metal detecting.
Only thing is i have been looking them up on the internet/craigslist.
and there a lot of money i cant (work not old enough).

Anyways, Im going to go visit my mothers house in cancun, Kind of in the jungle lol.
And im very sure my grand father left something behind for us, And not sure what a good type of metal detector is.(Brands )
Not trying to spend to much cause i don't have much.

Also i do very very good in school, and help my mom around the house.
(Father passed away when i was 6)

Anyways please get back to me with information thank you so much!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::hello:

newgoldfinder

Dec 19, 2013
Adams County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet:treasurechest:. Garret is not that bad of brand depending on what kind of metal detector you buy from them. But don't just listen to me for there are a lot more experienced people on here. Im sure they will give you the right info. Happy Hunting.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Try hitting some pawn shops. Sometimes they have MDs to sell. Do your research when you decide to buy, & ask the folks here if it's a good deal.
Don't go hunting alone. Always have a partner with you. Get permission. Sometimes that means researching at the courthouse to see who the owner is. & until you get familiar with the signals your machine makes, dig all hits. You don't want to miss gold cuz it sounds like another tab. If you are in a rural area, watch out for wells.
Good luck finding a detector. & make sure you post pix of your finds.

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome, I also am new. I use the fisher F2, which is 199.00 new. its a coin hog! If your not looking for that expensive of a detector, you can try a bounty hunter tracker 4. Good luck!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi MARK C777; I'm going to put out a Post just for you. My Name here is BARKER ok. It will appear in a few minutes ok. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

Feb 14, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetiks Delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mark. I am also a new member and 13. I myself would recamend a Bounty Hunter Tracker lV. They are only about a hundred and ten bucks on Ebay. they have three tones and a meter, a high sound for copper, and silver and a medium sound for aluminum, nickle, and gold and a grunt for iron. It is simple and a very reliable machine.
I hope this was helpful to you!

russ

Jul 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
fieldmaster fx 55 c scope cs 4pi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Where are you based Mark?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to meet you mark. I recycle aluminum cans and anything I can save for my next detector. Most of us are always looking forward to our next detector. There is other ways you can find metal in the ground before you buy a detector. For instance I met the same lady every day that just walks and does eyeball finds that way. You also could make a metal probe rod for probing the ground for suspected targets. Last a compass has been used as the needle will fluctuate around iron or large metal that is magnetic. While iron is not what your looking for, it may be what it is buried in. If you are hunting sand your gonna want a pi machine. You will want to read up on those. If you are in a wet jungle your going to want something water proof like a at pro or gold. Now I like my fishers and I saved up till i got a f75. You may also look at the T2 which is killer on deep relics. What ever you choose, take the time to learn what the detector is telling you. Research as mentioned above is key also. But your entry level vlf detectors like the bounty hunter may not perform like your expecting. This is just my wish list and just for some basic info. The hobby doesnt pay very well, but coin hunting till you can afford a expensive detector is what I did. Gramps treasure isnt going anywhere.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard Mark!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome mark and best of luck to you.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to the forum. White has a good starter model as well as Tesoro and others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread