Hello from Tennessee

SeniorNCO

Feb 24, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Teknetiks D4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, names Jerry. Not EXACTLY new to Detecting/Treasure Hunting but have never found much of anything.

Have been TRYING for over 25 years, all of my other Detectors were Bounty Hunters and I got rid of my last one about 5 years ago. Figured I was never going to find anything with those things and I was in places I should have found something.

So I decided recently to purchase another Detector and try again, figured I would spend 2-300 and if I found anything I would spend some more on a better detector and keep trying.

I did some research and followed a lot of threads (Lurking) on some Forums and came to a conclusion and purchased a Teknetics D 4000. After tonight I dont think I am going to have to make another Detector purchase for a while.

Went out with the BIL in his backyard, moved outo the woods along a creek. Got a hit and the built in pinpointer worked perfectly. I wanted to see if what the people on the Forums was saying was true and so I measured the small hole we made and found something and the Detector said the depth was 5 inches and it was 5 1/4. Cant do much better than that, I dont think, without going to a far higher end Detector. The Detector was dead on the money with the loaction and the pinpointer. I am pretty happy with this Detector since usually I end up digging a fairly large hole only to find a pull tab or something.

We did find something, have no idea what it is but Ill post it, first want to look and see if there is a specific subforum for that.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pp-civilwar-print2 (2).jpg

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard, Jerry. Being a dual service vet myself, I like to see veterans here. I think you have a very good machine and can't see any need to upgrade any time in the foreseeable future. Of course I could be prejudiced! If I can help you in any way, just drop me a PM.

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama. This is a great place to learn about and share safe, effective treasure hunting tips and tricks. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your cool finds.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
welcome from Chattanooga !

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
detector 8.jpg Welcome from N. Mississippi.

Dig-N-VA

Jan 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250/DD PROformance 8.5 x 11 coil

Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Virginia :occasion14:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used