Hello from New York

Jay890

Jul 12, 2013
LI, New York
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone I'm from Long Island New York. I joined here because I live in a home dating back to the 1760's. My family has found a bunch of old things over the years accidentally just doing work around the house. I know some of the history of the home but recently I've become more interested in the learning more history of the home and finding more relics.
So I'm quite new to metal detecting and hope you guys can answer my questions and enjoy what I find to share

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!! Your local historical society probably has old maps of your area and they often have the owner of the property's name on them. You can also do a property title search with the State of N.Y. and they should have records going back to at least 1800 and perhaps to the first owner listing all the previous owner's names and the dates of title transfer. If the grounds haven't been disturbed by landscaping, grading, or re-sodding most lost things such as coins and jewelry probably won't be too deep, like less than 8" and possibly as shallow as 3-4". Sounds like a great place to hunt!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasureman (2).jpg Happy Hunting!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard !

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from N. Mississippi. cabin 1.jpg

Top Member Reactions