Mar 17, 2014
Orlando, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
BH 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

New to the hunt and looking to learn. Needed a MD to find a lost item in my yard and found it to be fun. Very confused about Florida detecting laws and don't want to get into trouble, cause well I hate that when that happens :-). I had hoped to wade out a little into the surf so I picked up the AT pro, but now I hear I can't do that? Will be in the Pensacola area next week and I hope to hunt a little bit. Does anyone have any suggestions. Also, anyone in the orlando area willing to take a noob under their wing and show them the ropes?

Thanks

RevRon
:hello2::hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard RevRon! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can go into the water on 95% of Fl beaches....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Lynne G. Peck

Dec 14, 2013
Vero Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrtee AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi RevRon, Welcome to the net. I don't know where the gentleman before me got his information about 95% of Florida beach you can go into the water, but if you try that over here on the Treasure Coast. (Vero Beach & Sebastian) you will spend the night in jail. Plus you could loss your detector and your automobile!! They are deadly serious about it here. It seems Mel fisher has a contract with the state of Florida that locks up the entire coast here. You can get a permit but it is a real hassle to get one.. WE still can work all the beaches and believe me there is plenty to be found. Enjoy LYNNE

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to the forums! good luck with the laws where you are.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi RevRon, Welcome to the net. I don't know where the gentleman before me got his information about 95% of Florida beach you can go into the water, but if you try that over here on the Treasure Coast. (Vero Beach & Sebastian) you will spend the night in jail. Plus you could loss your detector and your automobile!! They are deadly serious about it here. It seems Mel fisher has a contract with the state of Florida that locks up the entire coast here. You can get a permit but it is a real hassle to get one.. WE still can work all the beaches and believe me there is plenty to be found. Enjoy LYNNE

Lynn what total percentage of Florida beaches does the Treasure beaches consist of. You will find it is a very small percentage of total Fl beaches..

Florida has 663 miles of beaches.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:
OP
OP
RevRon

RevRon

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2014
Orlando, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
BH 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

Pensacola will be the first outing next week. Dug a bunch holes in my yard today to get in some practice. Found odds and ends meaning trash, but had fun learning the ATPro. I appreciate the welcomes. With it being spring break I am not sure how it will go, but I will give it a try.

Again thanks,
Ron

OP
OP
RevRon

RevRon

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2014
Orlando, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
BH 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lynne - I heard they were serious over there.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions