The [Michigan] Dude Abides >>>

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say? I've been here since 2008 and never really introduced myself. And I did not post much until now. Actually until a decent detector found it's way into my hands. So....
My name is Terry and I live in Kalamazoo County, Michigan..
My first experience with detecting came in the form of whatever type was available in mid seventies. I was 10 in 1976... somehow got a hold of a detector and found all sorts of cool stuff in our yard [in town]. I found Mercury dimes (which are really cool even at a young age) and I also remember finding a Hop-A-Long Cassidy watch [which was in pretty good shape for being in the ground].
I faintly remember a detector with an orange coil (solid?), silver shaft, and orange handle but it could have been the neighbor kid's. Anyway, that day I caught..."The Fever"! I never really stepped onto the path of serious detecting until now. So here I am, in Michigan, wishing I was anywhere near where George Washington's feet stepped or any Colonial dwelling. I have documented ancestors that were in the Revolutionary War from New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts so I have an affinity for all things Colonial, Rev. War, and French & Indian War but my ancestor from Woodbridge, New Jersey-- Charles Gamberton, was with Washington at Valley Forge.
Whenever I want to get into "the mood" I just watch "Last of The Mohicans".....

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for introducing yourself here on the forums. I hope you can post some of your finds soon. Cheers and HH

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
About time! :)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome MichiganMan,to T-Net and to Michigan. Bare and moccasin-ed feet were here for thousands of years. Hard to find sign but its here and there.Here in the old N.W. that at one time was proposed as an combined Indian tribes sovereign nations holding. Had Tecumseh,s associates been a bit more patient.....
Ghosts of elk and blackpowder,some can even be seen today! The fur trade saw lots of traffic here,prior to that old copper culture left its mark, before that older cultures.
A hunt out East would be worth planning and research. Sounds like you have covered a lot of it all ready.Happy hunting here and hope you find a neat surprise often enough to keep you looking ahead to next one. Maybe one day you can sample the tangible part of your history, and that of ol George,s.

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard, from a former resident of the lower mitten!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Terry,

Welcome back, looking forward to seeing your finds.

Regards,

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FINALLY ... :sleepy4:

Wel-come aboard ~

USN Retired

Nov 4, 2014
Leary GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from SW GA, also a former lower mitten resident

OP
OP
MichiganMan

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the welcome everybody. Unfortunately I had to get rid of my almost brand new detector (AT Pro) and haven't bought another one..... yet. It won't be long now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread