New in central Wisconsin

shoeboxjoe

Apr 13, 2014
Wausau, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! I started snowshoeing this past winter and really enjoyed it but couldn't think of something to do after the snow melted that would be similar but more interesting than hiking. Then while looking into the history of our land we recently acquired it dawned on me, metal detecting! I love the local history and i have access to a lot of old private property so this seems to be a solid match.

Just got back from first real outing since the ground thawed. My inlaw's house is an old one room school house that's been there since early 1900s. My wife's grandfather who was born in 1914 went to school there. My mother in law needed help around the house this afternoon so i grabbed my bag and detector and went to work!

I went from the front door to towards the original outhouse behind the school, this took me about 2 hours! Lots of trash but it's a lot of fun. I didn't want to stop but was driven out by rain eventually.

metaldetecting01.JPG
Total haul. bunch of iron, bullets, clad coins, pull tabs, harmonica reed, copper pin with flower, 2 wheat pennies, token for quart of milk, toy truck, and what looks like a US army button of some sort.

metaldetecting02.jpeg
bottom of the button says "Excelsior" but the back is missing.

metaldetecting03.jpeg
My favorite thing from this outing. Back of token says "Ernest Kell" who was a local farmer just down the road.

Can't wait to get back out there!

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome aboard thanks for sharing! you have some great possibilities with your properties you can hunt. GL and HH

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe--nice! How about posting pics of the Ernest Kell token to TokenCatalog.com for the good of the hobby? Or, with permission and a better pic of the obverse, I can post them for you.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
S

shoeboxjoe

Apr 13, 2014
Wausau, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe--nice! How about posting pics of the Ernest Kell token to TokenCatalog.com for the good of the hobby? Or, with permission and a better pic of the obverse, I can post them for you.
John in the Great 208

Wow i had no idea that site existed, i will absolutely post this.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from florida.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard
pirates.gif

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard. Does the "shoebox" in your name stand for the car?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread