reekax

Apr 14, 2014
North Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

My name is Jim and I am a newbie to metal detecting.
What has got me started is my desire to find my deceased father's gold College Ring that I lost in a lake 44 years ago this Summer. That lake is now holding about 20% of it's normal water level due to the drought we have been experiencing here in north Texas over the past several years.
The area where I lost the ring is now mostly dry. I understand that there is quite a bit of trash in the lake around the shoreline however where I lost my ring is offshore quite a bit. I have waited 44 years to have a chance of at least looking for this ring and really never knew I would ever see the lake this low in my lifetime.

I have purchased a new CTX3030 machine and I know that it will have a bit of learning curve. I am certainly not wealthy but I wanted to get the best quality machine that I could to hopefully give me the best chance of finding the ring. I also plan on doing some prospecting around old school yards and home sites in SW Oklahoma. I look forward to learning and having some fun in this hobby.

Regards,
Jim

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard Jim! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard
pirates.gif

Shawks18

Apr 5, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

My name is Jim and I am a newbie to metal detecting.
What has got me started is my desire to find my deceased father's gold College Ring that I lost in a lake 44 years ago this Summer. That lake is now holding about 20% of it's normal water level due to the drought we have been experiencing here in north Texas over the past several years.
The area where I lost the ring is now mostly dry. I understand that there is quite a bit of trash in the lake around the shoreline however where I lost my ring is offshore quite a bit. I have waited 44 years to have a chance of at least looking for this ring and really never knew I would ever see the lake this low in my lifetime.

I have purchased a new CTX3030 machine and I know that it will have a bit of learning curve. I am certainly not wealthy but I wanted to get the best quality machine that I could to hopefully give me the best chance of finding the ring. I also plan on doing some prospecting around old school yards and home sites in SW Oklahoma. I look forward to learning and having some fun in this hobby.

Regards,
Jim

Welcome Jim! I am also located in the DFW area, if you are ever looking to go on a hunt let me know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread