DW96790

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2014
Placerville Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-Series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I know Aloha's Hawaiian, but that's where I have lived the last thirty years. Always around water born in Florida always a tropical boy. So why Placerville is dementia finally set in:tongue3:? Nope years ago I had the pleasure of being in a Fencing tournament in the Napa Valley. I loved it! it was summer but something about the area just felt right to me, did well in the tournament also, so no claim jumpers better come at me if I got a machete in my hands. :skullflag: Anyway, got old hated looking at bronzed perfect bodied women, and the men on their arms. Knowing dang well my day in the sun so to speak was over.... so not dead yet what to do? Well Napa was just to damn expensive to live and the water was so polluted they say you couldn't eat the fish. Well that was not going to work.
So me and my roommate of 20 years. One of the other reasons I moved here I sort of have been her caregiver unofficial for years and when her Dad died he made me promise to keep taking care of her, well it was a habit anyway so I agreed just said no way was I living in southern California. So we went to Sacramento hung a right on highway 50 was going to take 2 weeks to find a area we liked. I found Placerville and that was it! And they had GOLD! I thought it was all gone but I've been told by geologist that only the easy stuff has been found only 10% WOW! So we got an acre of land she set me to working on clearing planting making it livable to us. That means lots of color and trees. Then I got my gold equipment made my high-banker into a solar powered one real stealthy. Good thing too cause they went an outlawed my gas engine pump right after I bought it. Joined the mining comm. Don't like being told what to do. And someone that knows nothing about fishing or mercury making up these dredging laws. Man I wish politicians had to go to real school and not poli sci.
Well greener than the jolly giant I started my search for gold. Lots of rivers streams all on private land. Could see it smell it not allowed to touch it and the people living on this land looked like most of them didn't need to get their tuxes wet.
I'm a friendly guy thought I'd maybe join a club meet some people that could teach me the ropes. Spent a year learning about BLM claims abandoned current etc. Learned how and where gold should deposit. Joined one club in the area but they want to use metal detectors to find trinkets. I had have the gold bug on my own I stumbled into a gram worth in over a year. I hear stories about people getting a ounce a week. More than one so it must be true. So here I sit with this useless knowledge no where that's legal to search for that elusive butter. Heck it's hard to find a stream to fish in.
However, not one to give up I'm a born tinkerer and I'm in the process of building what I call the Skidder. It will take me and my equipment into very steep area's that are not claimed because ..well they are damned hard to get to. The Skidder will get me into places (I hope) that show on the BLM claims map not to be claimed although all around them has been claimed for years. My theory is that it's because you have to repel to get to them or helicopter in. The Skidder should make that not easier but doable. Anyway, it keeps me from going insane looking at my gold gear and nowhere to go. And the idea of being able to get to area's maybe no one has ever panned, maybe I'll find some old white bones besides something that looks like the Skidder :laughing7:.
Well that's me kinda nuts kinda private, love to talk story as we used to say in Hawaii.
DW

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold_miners_in_Alaska.jpg