Aloha from Hawaii

Freediver

May 15, 2014
Hawaii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I should say up front: I've never owned or operated a metal detector in my life, but I'm extremely psyched to "finally" dedicate a good chunk of time to my life-long dream of hunting for treasure in the ocean. I've been a freediver my whole life - scuba as well. I've found a few bits of treasure here and there on the ocean floor - my first metal find (eyes only) was a large, man's gold ring in perfect condition - on a night dive about five years ago. I had to take some time off from diving, but I'm ready to go again.

I'll be diving often, so I'd like to start off with solid gear. I've been looking at a lot of MDs (I think my eyes are permanently crossed from laptop screen-burn) and I've found what I THINK I want. I'm looking at the Aqua Pulse AQ1B and a couple of the Fisher models.

Difficult to find much purchasing info (one store) on the AQ1B, but plenty on the Fishers.

I've been through enough in life to know there is no substitute for experience. I know I will need all the advice any of you share with me. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

It's a great day to be alive, cheers, Freediver :occasion14:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG, am I jealous of you. You live, breathe and treasure hunt in paradise. I think you already hit the jackpot. Welcome to the best website you'll ever find...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Hawaii for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome brother!! Are you freakin crazy....diving at night scares the crap out of me!!!! :notworthy:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread