7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello,
I'm Curt and relatively new to metal detecting. I've got a Fisher F2 and been out hunting 3 times with it. My problem is I've been finding all clad coins with it(my best coin is a 1928 wheat). I've been to some old city parks and hunted an old church property, but alas -- all clad coins. I'd really like to find a standing liberty quarter. Is there anybody out there who could give me some advice as to the type of location where I'd have the best chance to find a standing liberty? I'm really at a point of confusion as to where to hunt to have the best chance. Tucson is a major metropolitan area that has experienced quite a bit of growth and development over the last 40 years. So I'm guessing a lot of the old places have been developed over. But I'm not about to give up--thus my added thread. Plus, I wanted to introduce myself to all the other hunters out there. Happy hunting and thanks ahead of time for any feedback you can provide(i.e. did you find a standing liberty and if so what type of location was it?)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Curt! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thankyou for the referral. I will do that. Regards.

OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Look for houses built around 1900.""Contact demolition crews". Great ideas! I need as much help as I can get. I went to a city park the other day(one of the earlier ones in Tucson--existed in the 1940s-1950s at least) and once again only came up with clad coins. Frustrating! My last hole-- I dug down 10" because I kept getting a strong beep but still never recovered anything. It took me a while to dig that hole and it's so frustrating to come up with nothing. Has anybody had that experience? Is the metal in the side of the hole and I'm just missing it??? This has happened several times where I've dug down far and not found anything even though there is still a beep. Feedback anyone?(it would be very much appreciated) BTW, if there's anyone in the Pima County area(Tucson and surrounding) and is looking for a metal detecting partner, hit me up.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a pinpointer? It will help you find your targets quickly. What you might have is a big piece of iron or soda/beer can deeper that the stated depth. Larger targets will seem shallow, but are deeper when you start to dig the hole.

Wayne

OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Wayne. I never thought of that--it could be a deeply buried piece of metal which is causing the beep. So I will keep that in mind for the future. Regards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread