Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By FLATENPA

Thread: Hello from Central western Central Florida

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2014
    Western Central Florida
    Excalibur II, AT Pro, CTX 3030, Sovereign Elite, Go Find 60
    23 times
    Metal Detecting

Hello from Central western Central Florida

"Hey ya'll watch this" that's been the start to many an accident report but not this time.

I was first introduced to metal detecting by my Uncle Bill and his wild stories of out west and all the cool stuff he had found and that was about 1973 of course and in those days most 11 year olds couldn't afford a Heath-kit or Radio Shack Metal Detector.. It was not until many years later that I was able to buy my first non-discriminating pull tab detecting machine.. After a while I realized I couldn't sell all those pull tabs, screw caps and bottle tops I decided to save my money and purchase a real metal Detector.... First I got a Garrett (model I do not recall) then after a while I found a deal on a Minelab Explorer II that I still use to this day. I have three coils a 5 x 8 Joey, a 10 x 12 platypus and a 10 inch stock coil. I have two pin pointers a White model 2 and a Detector Uni-probe.

I am in Metal detecting for the money, yes I said it it's all about the money and how much of mine i can give to the manufactures for all the newfangled technology that you almost need a degree in to operate.

I was talking with an older man on the beach on day and I asked how he finds all the stuff his response was quite simple.." If it makes a noise I dig" I asked don't you find a lot of Trash? "If you don't dig you can't find the treasure" He checked the time on Rolex and excused himself to keep digging.

So that being said I have a great collection of bread wrappers that I think would rival almost anyone's. According to my Casio its time to start swinging...
    vpnavy and smalltowngirl13 like this.
    Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Some of the greatest treasures we will ever find are at home waiting on our return.

us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    12902 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2012
    Kansas
    1130 times
    Great intro! Welcome to the forum and happy hunting!

Jul 2012
    behind a desk ...
    82 times
    welcome to the party .....

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8356 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Saaaaaayyyyyy-

Are you that stranger pulling up our valuable pull tabs and can slaw from St. Pete Beach?

Just so you know, they are about to bury the beaches again with sand from off shore to impress all the tourists.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

us
    Mar 2012
    Spring TX
    CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
    950 times

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    2375 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Name:  imagesE09GBOSN.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  15.5 KB

us
    Jul 2014
    Central Florida
    Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer, Minelab ProSwing 45, Fisher 1280-X, Fisher CZ21, White's Surf PI Dual Field
    10 times
    Welcome, I'm new here too, maybe well meet on the beach one day.
    Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer, Minelab ProSwing 45, Fisher 1280-X, Fisher CZ21, White's Surf PI Dual Field, Sand scoop, fiskars digger, D-handle trenching spade.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links