metal detecting for european citizens in U.S.A.

klemen

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.First-Sorry for my no perfect english im from Slovenija,witch is a very beautiful,small country in the center of europe..I do detecting in my reagion for european treasures and we do have a lot of history behind here Im also mountaineer.
Also im very interested for vacation visiting U.S.A. and detect there.. i watch documentaries all the time
So im asking for some information about that.What license i need since im from EU.Can i join some club? thnx for any information
Im very interested in american history,but also have a little gold rush in me We don"t have gold here.I like idea detecting fol gold nuggets on old mining sites.I ve seen an episode Treasure hunting America where Bob Howard detect in this sites.I like that ideaI like to visit California but im not shure if i can do that as a EU citizen..I also have interst for other parts of America in general..
im planning to visit californija..can i detect there with tourist status?i know everybody needs permison on private property..what about old mines,river banks? are there public areas for detecting?

have a great day

Last edited:

Deep_digger_Dan

Greenie
Sep 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My tip to you is....
You have to get out, before you can get in.
Come on now! Get in!

OP
OP
K

klemen

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: i know you :) i watch your videos on you tube :)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard klemen!

tiburciovasquez

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klemen, I don't know exactly where your planning to hunt, but you should be fine as a European citizen :) Public beaches, ghost towns, public parks, and even prospecting in the desert as long as you are on nobody's claim should be ok. If you are not sure always ask for permission. Otherwise good luck and happy hunting.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Klemen!! Here in the states nobody can detect in restricted areas and everybody can detect in non-restricted areas with no regards to nationality. Most of our battlefields and many historic sites are off limits to all. Most of our public beaches are open to detecting and there are many areas in the western gold field areas that are open. There are gold prospecting clubs that own claims on which members are free to hunt and dig for gold. These clubs usually have fairly steep members' fees, like a couple hundred dollars. Many public parks are open to detecting. There are a lot of areas here that have been heavily hunted but as you may see here, there are still nice things being found. There are some parks and beaches which do require permits, but they too are open to all with no regard to nationality.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread