Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I started wanting to get a metal detector after having lurked around the the precious metal boards and reading stories about people finding old coins. We live on a 110 year old farm and I'm sure I'll find some good stuff (heck, my wife pulled up a pocket load of old stuff just leveling a little spot for our son's pool). My wife got me an inexpensive detector and gave it to me this summer when we were camping at a lakeside park. So of course I had to use it, this was a beach on a Great Lake! Found some screws, nails, lots a beer cans and a nickel. BTW, that nickel is the only coin I've found so far! Back at my house I used it for a bit in the front yard, off of a porch. Interesting finds. Mostly foil and nails but we have a cement shingle roof, and they used these funny hook like thingies to keep them interlocked. They are made of copper and sound like silver on the detector. Found four so far.

When I came to this forum I had no idea of the breadth of treasure hunting it encompassed. Since we also do a lot of picking and reselling at estate and garage sales, I lurk over that garage sale section every night.

So, hello! And I'll post cool finds when I dig them up.

John

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard and Happy Hunting ... :hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Michigan for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have allot of hunting to do in your yard..Good luck out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread