New to the TH game!!!

Lingerfelt

Greenie
Jun 27, 2014
North Georgia Mtns
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys,
Im new to the treasure hunting game and this site. I have been reading alot of the post on here. Well, needless to say I'm hooked already lol. I live in Canton Ga and have been doing a lot of research on gold found in the Etowah River and near by streams.
Today I got a tip on a old civil war camp and an area where gold was found and panned back in the 1800s and way before that by my ancestors the Cherokee.
Well being inexperienced and all I decided to start off on this adventure alone lol. Well I learned very quickly that shorts were not a good idea and if I want to have a chance to even make it to my destination without a boat I will also need a good machete!!!!! Well next time I will be prepaired!!!! You live and learn!!!!!
Happy Hunting to you all and I look forward to hearing and sharing many great stories with you all

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard and Happy Hunting ... :thumbsup:

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I started hunting the Chestatee River in 1981 near Dahlonega at these coordinates: 2920 S Chestatee Dahlonega, GA 30533 34.500106, -83.968947. You have to stay within the Right of Way as the property owners will make a fuss. You'll find gold dredgers here most of the time. In a two week period, I pulled about a 1/4 oz of dust and nuggets. Went to Fairbanks, Alaska and found that amount in one afternoon panning at Dredge #8 before Princess Tours ruined it. If you are Cherokee than there are some Idemity money buried around Auraria and the Etowah River and it was in the rare Dahlonega Dollars. Go check out the Gold Museum at Dahlonega. If you need a place to stay then go to the Blackburn State Park, when I stayed there it was a County Park. If you own a water detector, see if the Rangers will allow you to detect that swimming hole from the north side. I used SCUBA and found several nice gold rings and a lot of change. I went there from 1981 to 1984, always loved that area. Want some Georgia history then order my book from Kellyco: Forts, Camps & Batteries of Georgia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread