just saying hi.

dantediss

Jul 26, 2014
edison new jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Want to say hello to everyone. My names kohl and im from edison nj. Just picked up an ace 250 and getting reacquainted with the hobby. Its been over 20 years since i went metal detecting with my father. For some reason on a recent vacation to visit the parents the metal detector came up and my interest was piqued again. For now im just learning the machine and not planning on finding anything of value until then... But it would be nice : ) . I also picked up a decent digger aside from the plastic one that shipped from kellyco... As well as picking up a predator tools pirahna ( i live next to wooded areas and the ground is very dense... No plans on using it publicly for it is a pretty formidable looking tool ) hopefully in the future ill be able to post some halfway decent finds. And maybe even meet a few local members. But for now i send off with a happy and prosperpus digging to all.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Kohl! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New Jersey for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the funhouse ... :icon_thumright:

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome aboard! Join your local Historical Society as a Field Representative that might open private property to search for coins, trade tokens and relics for that area. Go to the tax office and ask for the old Gov't Survey Plats and scan them for old settlements, pioneer farms, ect., cross Reference on a modern map, look up owner, contact with Historical Society membership card and get permission. Get a bottle probe and shovel if area is old for old trash pits and outhouse holes for valuable old bottles.

OP
OP
D

dantediss

Jul 26, 2014
edison new jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you very much FLauthor. I appreciate the info. Im really getting bit with the bug. Today i went to my brothers and we dug 3 holes. Found the head of an old golf club.. a copper tube and my first coin. It was a 1971 penny... I know i know its just a penny... But the thrill of finding a coin amongst other things really is an amazing feeling. I look forward to one day finding some merc dimes or barbers or seated... Its exciting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions