New from Fort Benning GA

vinhoov

Greenie
Aug 11, 2014
Fort Benning, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, New to all of this. My grandfather used to hunt a lot, he always used to tell me stories and show me things when I was younger which sparked my interest. Anyway, I'm a Staff Sergeant in the US Army stationed down here at Fort Benning (Tanker). From what I'm researching Ft Benning seems like a decent place to get started. If anyone is in the area that wouldn't mind me tagging along or to mentor someone let me know!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome from florida.Seems like a million years ago but fort benning is where i went to basic training and jump school.Good luck and HH.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can still hear the Black Hats yelling at me in my nightmares! Welcome from White Plains, NY!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to the forum vin. I spent many summer vacations in Box Springs near the FB Bombing Range to the east of the base over the past 25 years. There are some killer wet/dry areas to detect in the area. GL

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined..should be some good hunting where your at..I`m out west here so I`m out.

OP
OP
V

vinhoov

Greenie
Aug 11, 2014
Fort Benning, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum vin. I spent many summer vacations in Box Springs near the FB Bombing Range to the east of the base over the past 25 years. There are some killer wet/dry areas to detect in the area. GL
Thats great. What did you go after mostly? I'm still researching everything I can about the area. Thanks for the information. Are you from Pittsburgh? I lived a few minutes away from Kennywood, My grandfather found a saber and and old revolver up there.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thats great. What did you go after mostly? I'm still researching everything I can about the area. Thanks for the information. Are you from Pittsburgh? I lived a few minutes away from Kennywood, My grandfather found a saber and and old revolver up there.
I've found bullets, coins and jewelry in and around the creeks of Box Springs. Born and raised in Carnegie till I joined the Air Force. Haven't lived there since...HH

OP
OP
V

vinhoov

Greenie
Aug 11, 2014
Fort Benning, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found bullets, coins and jewelry in and around the creeks of Box Springs. Born and raised in Carnegie till I joined the Air Force. Haven't lived there since...HH

I actually started off in the Air Force (avionics on heavies) Also, bought a cheaper MD to get me going last week and went down to upatoi creek - found a bunch of very old aluminum cans and modern bullets (makes md'ing on fort benning bothersome untill I get everything figured out) that was about it. But I did see that upatoi runs right through box springs pretty much. Well, if youre ever out here again send me a message and maybe you could show me a thing or two. Thanks.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I actually started off in the Air Force (avionics on heavies) Also, bought a cheaper MD to get me going last week and went down to upatoi creek - found a bunch of very old aluminum cans and modern bullets (makes md'ing on fort benning bothersome untill I get everything figured out) that was about it. But I did see that upatoi runs right through box springs pretty much. Well, if youre ever out here again send me a message and maybe you could show me a thing or two. Thanks.
If you go down Box Springs Rd to Upatoi Creek there are many places where the locals ride 4 wheelers and lose lots of goodies after consuming many gallons of beer. I'm up in Hiawassee cooling off for a while right now. Next time I'm heading out to Box Springs I'll give you a heads up. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread