New member from Maine

Mainiac

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2014
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I am hardly new to treasure hunting, I am brand new to this forum. I first began metal detecting, as an offshoot of my interest in coin collecting, in 1982, when I purchased a Whites Coinmaster 5000D Series 3, which I still have and use on occasion to this day. I don't get out treasure hunting as much as I used to, but I do enjoy it when I can. Over the years I have found approximately 3000 U.S. coins, and a few foreign coins, and I keep any that are even slightly interesting, or 'numismatic', returning the others to the bank. I have kept a log of all of my finds, and it is interesting to look back and read these accounts these many years later.

I was directed to this forum by a Google search, in a study I am conducting of encased half dimes, which I have been collecting and studying for a couple of years now; I have specialized in United States half dimes for over 30 years. There was a post on this forum ( http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/305476-half-dime-set-lead-help.html ) in 2012 in which Tngirl reported finding a lead encased half dime, and was curious to learn about it. I would be happy to share what I have been able to learn about these intriguing and mysterious items with Tngirl, or anyone else who may have interest.

I am also interested to learn of any metal detectorists in Maine, or the northern New England area, to compare notes. I look forward to hearing from others of similar interest.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasureNet Mainiac

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014