Btownbeachguy

Sep 23, 2014
Bradenton Florida
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 150, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey what's up

First post but iv been reading up on treasure hunting for the past month here. I started with metal detecting a year ago but fossil hunting also interests me. I'm at bradenton beach florida and its a great spot for beach combing and possibly fossil hunting. I hit my first fake ring yesterday and now I have treasure fever and want that gold! Getting better at judging beaches now. I'm all about the thrill of the hunt! Anyone know any good spots around here to hunt? Thanks all HH everyone

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey here.. Good luck in your treasure hunting!!!! If I were up your way, I would hit the causeway after the Skyway bridge...see tons of people hanging out there..I always wonder what they have lost...

OP
OP
B

Btownbeachguy

Sep 23, 2014
Bradenton Florida
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 150, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I work on longboat key which is a goldmine, multimillion dollar houses and condos, in the winter the rich flock there to get out of the cold. They come here and hopefully leave some goodies in the sand. I pass 5 miles of beaches on two islands just to get to work, I just started keeping my garret ace 150 in my trunk and I try to detect before or after work

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Sandigger2

Mar 25, 2012
Ventura County,So Cal
Detector(s) used
DFX, PIDF,CZ 21,F5,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
"I just started keeping my garret ace 150 in my trunk and I try to detect before or after work"
It is my understanding that manufacturers recommend against storing detectors in a very hot car trunk.
Batteries exposed to high temperatures often leak and cause big problems. Take a look at your manual and see if Garrett
has the same recommendation. Good luck and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread