Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold, Coiltek 3khz 15" WOT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TreasureNet,

I'm Joshua, and am fairly new to metal detecting. Earlier this year after much research I purchased a Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold, and shortly after a CoilTek 3khz 15" WOT. I've mostly been hunting in my own backyard practicing with learning settings, tones, and personality of my 705.

My most unusual find so far has been with my buddy who has some acreage. I was on my Minelab and he was using my BH 505, we were working an area and getting some wonky hits. Well we decided to dig and found and an old wood fired stove. We're still working on getting it out, we've find a piece here and a piece there. Some of it is under or intertwined with tree roots so its been quite an undertaking.

Beeping is just one of my hobbies, I do some watchmaking, gemology, photography, and coffee roasting, among numerous others.

I hope to be able to gain knowledge on the forums, as well as give knowledge as often as I can.

Coil MacSweepish :coffee2:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wilcome.PNG

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

Coil MacSweepish

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Kind Welcome!!

I look forward to sharing my finds :thumbsup:

Safe Digging My Friends :occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (Pacific Northwest is toooo broad) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

OP
OP
C

Coil MacSweepish

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (Pacific Northwest is toooo broad) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

I just updated my profile to reflect my state. I've been trying to stay up to date with my local group, Oregon Treasure Trail Society, and hopefully will actually be able to do a monthly outing before they stop for the season.

Sweep Happy :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread