Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome sir. That is always a hot topic. Some say better to ask forgiveness than seek permission. I would suggest doing an online search of a particular area and see if they have addressed this question before. I tend to side on better safe than sorry. It may not be worth the grief. Ga is a big state and I hunt in it often.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet. I live in GA myself it is always safe to go to the DNR site you don't have to log in to read the rules. It says in bold print it is your own fault if you don't know the rules and ignorance is no excuse. Last year I called and talked to a person at the DNR office. She says yes you can MD in the parks but you cant dig. If you find anything worth more than $25 you cant keep it. I responded so that's a no then. Who is going to MD and then not dig if you get a hit? Every year they post new rules so it could of changed by now. So anyway that is where you need to look to know for sure. Hope you find the answers you are looking for, HH rock

OP
OP
TSCOM

TSCOM

Oct 13, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to tnet. I live in GA myself it is always safe to go to the DNR site you don't have to log in to read the rules. It says in bold print it is your own fault if you don't know the rules and ignorance is no excuse. Last year I called and talked to a person at the DNR office. She says yes you can MD in the parks but you cant dig. If you find anything worth more than $25 you cant keep it. I responded so that's a no then. Who is going to MD and then not dig if you get a hit? Every year they post new rules so it could of changed by now. So anyway that is where you need to look to know for sure. Hope you find the answers you are looking for, HH rock

Good to know, thanks. And what a dumb rule DNR has!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread