I decided to sign in to see what is happening in the treasure world!

Woodennicol

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow treasure seekers,

I have been a treasure hunter as long as I can remember and a rock hound just as long. I bought my first metal detector in 1983 while in the Army stationed at Fort Stewart GA. I had spent a bunch of time looking into civil war information and found out that there were 3 or 4 abandoned towns on the military post and that is where I began the metal detection addiction! This is where I found my oldest coin to date an 1839 Bobbie head large cent, it was 20" in the sand and the reason I was able to detect it that deep is that there was a very pronounced green halo leading right to the coin. I was hooked and 4 detectors later now I do mostly gold prospecting here in Wisconsin, not getting rich but finding lots of glacial gold and nice rocks and quartz crystals from time to time along with lots of small but pretty garnets.

I have a trip planned to go to AZ for 10 days so that should be fun, I am going to a friends place who is a flint knapper and along the way I am picking up a friend of his that also is a flint knapper of considerable skill. They are going to teach me knapping and I will share my prospecting knowledge. I am excited for the trip starting on December 2nd, just hope the border does not get overrun while in the Tucson area.

Long winded and always ready to hunt treasure,

Jeff AKA The Woodennicol

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
W

Woodennicol

Oct 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DirtWarrior! like the name as we all have battled some nasty dirt in our time!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread