Hi all from Nebraska

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wishing to introduce myself to everyone here, this looks like a really friendly forum with some knowledgeable people. I am a kiwi from down under living in the States and looking to get into a fun hobby that is relaxing and rewarding. I have never metal detected before but have read a lot of forum post's and watched a lot of u-tube vid's plus checked out a lot of metal detectors. I was initially going to go with the Garret 250 or 350 but now I am pretty firm on the AT pro which I will be ordering tomorrow which will also comes with the Vulcan 360 at Kellyco.com

I am looking forward to making a lot of friends here and learning a lot as well.......cheers and HH

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi swagman , welcome to the board looking forward to seeing your goodies here =)

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Nebraska for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks VPNAVY , handy link

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just wishing to introduce myself to everyone here, this looks like a really friendly forum with some knowledgeable people. I am a kiwi from down under living in the States and looking to get into a fun hobby that is relaxing and rewarding. I have never metal detected before but have read a lot of forum post's and watched a lot of u-tube vid's plus checked out a lot of metal detectors. I was initially going to go with the Garret 250 or 350 but now I am pretty firm on the AT pro which I will be ordering tomorrow which will also comes with the Vulcan 360 at Kellyco.com

I am looking forward to making a lot of friends here and learning a lot as well.......cheers and HH
Good choice and welcome aboard
This site should get you up to speed in no time at all with a wealth of knowledge and shrp members here that offer a huge source of information.
I've learned so much in the last few weeks that I've learned my whole life about this great hobby...

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you every one for the warm welcome, I am itching to get some ground time in before Winter really hits. It was in the mid twenty's today but should be warming up by next week....I hope, because my AT Pro should arrive Thursday/Friday.....fingers crossed and praying to the mighty MD god KachingKabling

X_Marks_Spot

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, White's, Bounty Hunter, Tesoro, Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy to have you on board.

Welcome to the family. Enjoy the thrill of the hunt!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet, and pardon me for asking "what is there in Nebraska that had you move half way around the world"?

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you and that is a very good question, one that I ask myself more and more as time goes by. I do miss a lot of my native country, I come from Auckland which is populated by one and a quarter million people, so the change of pace here is nice, in fact it makes me laugh when I am with people and they cuss about having to wait at traffic for 3 or 4 cars...........try 30 or 40 or more lol

But I think now that I have found this new hobby, it has given me more insight on the history of the USA and makes me more open minded to the conflicts this country has gone through.......plus finding your Silver coins in the ground is fun!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It started as a hobby for me, now it is an obsession. If I am not out dirt fishing, I am reviewing old maps, searching history of sites on the web or at the library. Wish you the best of luck in the USA and hope to see some of your finds on later posts.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! Hope that AT Pro is working out for you! Solid machine!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread