Dreaming of Treasure diving from Pittsburgh,PA

Iteach

Jun 8, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Folks, been lurking around reading all the cool threads and hoping that someday I can dive some treasure wrecks. Got absolutely hooked this past summer when I finally got a chance to dive near Cosgrove Shoal, SW of the Marquesas Keys in pristine conditions. I knew we were about 4-5 miles due South of the Atocha and Margarita wrecks, and while I was down about 60-70', I swear I swam past one of the anchors that might have been deployed when those ships were in distress. I've been diving for almost 15 years now, and would love to find out more information about where the part-time treasure diver, until I can retire from teaching, can begin to search for spare leftovers, like wrecks in the Gulf, Keys, or Bahamas (cay Sal ?) areas. Am also looking to buy / subscribe to some of the publications that some of you experts have published. Is it "Galleon Hunter" that wrote I think, "Galleons and Sunken Treasures" of the New world ???
Well, I know this was my first step towards beginning that search for just 1 GOLD coin to wear around my neck. To be able to touch history for real, the same history I learned about in school, Incans, Mayans, Spanish conquests and such, is now my new passion for going forward towards retirement, getting a boat and setting out to dive for treasure. Thanks for any or all comments, hints, or suggestions. I'd love to maybe even dive with some of you on my summer vacations. I saw the one gentleman's posts about his adventures right outside Jupiter Inlet. All the times I left out of that inlet when going diving on charters, and just 50 yds. away were a lot of leftover spoils, treasure. It's sites like these, that don't really wet the appetite of the seasoned hunter, but for those of us that will never get the chances you folks have, because you live there, devote the time and efforts to it, it's these sites I would love to hear more about.
All the best and safe diving.
Brian

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Brian from another resident of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come ... :thumbsup:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread