New Guy from Pa.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome sgt tee, glad you enjoy the forum.

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wilcome.PNG Most fun you can have with your clothes on.:laughing7:

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :icon_thumright:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum, Sgt. Tee from your neighbor just south of Wilkes-Barre.

OP
OP
sgt tee

sgt tee

Dec 2, 2014
N.E.Pa.
Detector(s) used
1.Whites XLT

2.Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like us all to get on a hunt together, Lots of places in and nearby Wilkes. I have a friend who no longer detects said he would hunt along the Susquehanna River. There are more then a half dozen guys so we would need a large field or something similar, Something to get all the guys thinking for a plan hunt. You know Lake Jean is getting drained this spring, I already asked if they are going to allow metal detecting and they said yes. This could be a Bonanza for all. I was at Sweet Arrow when they drained that lake but I did not have the skills. I did happen to run into a man that was hunting for weeks and he had over 50 rings to his claim. Now they did not come easy as its very muddy detecting a lake that was just drained. I was told they netted 3K fish and put them in Francis Sclomn. So the fish commission is trying to do their job. there are no limits for fish being caught there and I am sure there is going to be lots of people ice fishing that dam. I live 2 hours from there but if a group would want to go, I am in. maybe we will get some feed back now that this is mentioned, best of Days..........Pete

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pete, I do know about Lake Jean getting drained and had already thought about it, lol. I am sure the same rules will apply to it drained as when there is water. Anything historical must be declared and handed over to the Rangers' office, any jewelry must be declared and checked against the lost/found list maintained by the Rangers. If it matches a description, it is returned to the reporting person. Make sure you contact their office for rules and regulations concerning state parks, or you can find regulations on their website. Good luck hunting. You're in a good area, except Jeff_in_Pa probably has already found all the good stuff, lol.

OP
OP
sgt tee

sgt tee

Dec 2, 2014
N.E.Pa.
Detector(s) used
1.Whites XLT

2.Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, I did know about the rules of engagement. Not only will there be guys with detectors but other guys looking for wooden lures, just by sighting. its too far for my travels and if I do get there it will have to be a full day trip, Thanks for the heads up

James78

Apr 30, 2015
Northeast Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I'm from Pa it's my first time on this site. Still trying to figure it out a bit. I'm from northeast Pa and hearing about lake jean. I don't get to go detecting much but I think I would learn a lot. Giving the lake a shot. Any tips would be great.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome James. Detecting in a state park has it's own set of rules here in Pa. Make sure to either stop in or call the park ranger office before hunting to get the rules!

OP
OP
sgt tee

sgt tee

Dec 2, 2014
N.E.Pa.
Detector(s) used
1.Whites XLT

2.Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did call the office and they are allowing metal detectors. The thing is if you find something of value and it has a description, they are asking for you to turn it over to them. If its not claimed after a certain amount of time then they will give it back to you. its really all about the hunt any ways. I have tried this metal detecting in a lake that was drained. Be prepare to have mud all over yourself. its not easy doing. If I felt better I would try and meet you there. its a 2 hour run for me, but if you live close I would go for it. When they drained the lake in Pine Grove there was a man detecting. he showed me what he found and he had over 50 rings. Some had initials and descriptions but others had nothing. pretty sure he even made the local news. if you go you should be with someone. that mud if you get stuck, it could get ugly..Good luck to you............Pete

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did call the office and they are allowing metal detectors. The thing is if you find something of value and it has a description, they are asking for you to turn it over to them. If its not claimed after a certain amount of time then they will give it back to you. its really all about the hunt any ways. I have tried this metal detecting in a lake that was drained. Be prepare to have mud all over yourself. its not easy doing. If I felt better I would try and meet you there. its a 2 hour run for me, but if you live close I would go for it. When they drained the lake in Pine Grove there was a man detecting. he showed me what he found and he had over 50 rings. Some had initials and descriptions but others had nothing. pretty sure he even made the local news. if you go you should be with someone. that mud if you get stuck, it could get ugly..Good luck to you............Pete

Sgt Tee...what did they say about the other rules? Normally all you can use for digging is a 5 inch screwdriver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions