New to the Forum: Treasure Hunter from Austin, TX

atx

Greenie
Dec 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Lonestar, Fisher F2, Fisher F4, Whites Coinmaster GT. WTB XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Howdy! From the great state of Texas. Austin, TX to be precise.

This is hands down one of the best sources for treasure hunting and metal detecting when it comes to showing what other people are finding out there and to get an idea of the technology and equipment they are using to get it.

I am looking at two machines right now. A Minelab excalibur II and a Fisher CZ21. Haven't made up my mind yet for sure because I love beach hunting but haven't had a machine I could risk taking into the water for surf hunting and I really want to get my feet wet, if you know what I mean!

Right now I spend most of my time cache hunting (No big scores yet) but I am into all types of treasure hunting and even a fair bit of indian artifact hunting since arrowheads and tools are common finds here if you know where to look.

Randy Combs

Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like an addict's new toy. Good luck and may a cache be coming your way!

OP
OP
A

atx

Greenie
Dec 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Lonestar, Fisher F2, Fisher F4, Whites Coinmaster GT. WTB XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all! I am still learning my way around the forums. this is the only forum I've ever wanted to be able to learn how to navigate through, haha...

OP
OP
A

atx

Greenie
Dec 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh and I forgot to mention... I am a numismatist so if anybody has any questions about U.S. coins that they have found, that need IDing or if want to know a a coins grade or value - feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to give you any information I have.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come in ... :icon_thumright:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Spring TX. Those are both great choices - my personal preference is the Excalibur II, especially if you are planning to hit the tubing areas around you.

Give me a call if I can help you decide.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
A

atx

Greenie
Dec 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thank you for the tips Metal Detecting Stuff and vpnavy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions