Newbie from Pittsburgh

Seejay784

Dec 10, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Ron from pittsburgh, pa. I would describe myself as more of a history hunter than someone looking for a big treasure. (Although if I stumbled upon something I wouldn't complain) Anyways it all started when I found a cannonball when I was a child. My mom and I took it to the fort pitt museum where we donated it. They confirmed it was most likely from the French-Indian war. The thrill of me donating something to a museum was quite a good feeling. Fast Forward 30 years, now I have a 12 year old daughter who watches more History and Discovery channels than MTV and Disney. Our resolution in 2015 is going to be spending a lot of time together hunting for anything that will allow us to put pieces together and tell a story. We'll be metal detecting, Native American artifact hunting, and whatever else we come across. We've already found a few old toys, and newer coins, and the look on her face of that joy is the best. Just wait until she digs something old, or finds her first arrowhead. This is going to be a fun hobby, and we will be posting as much as we can and picking the brains of all you hunting veterans.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet
Glad to see another pittsburgh guy here. Do your research and you will do well. There are still tons of places around here that give up the old finds

Good luck

Bob

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome.Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun.

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Ron. My name is Roy and I am also from the Pittsburgh area. Please consider joining "The Monroeville Area Metal Detecting Club" which has meeting at a Library in Monroeville, Pa. Monroeville Area Metal Detecting Club - Home I am a member but don't go to the meetings as the traffic in that direction on Thursday nights would be a nightmare. Being from Pittsburgh you know what I mean about traffic on the Parkway East.
Kids are welcome, encouraged to join. Last April we went as a group to search a farm that was part of the Battle of New Market in New Market, VA. It was fun, though I didn't find much. We also have two seeded hunts that are a lot of fun.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Ron from another resident of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions