vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Oklahoma for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to t net ....Nail Collector. Isn't that ironic. Seriously though, you will find that you will need to dig a measure of trash and....nails... in order to have success with your MD. There are some sites where if you do not clear out all the surface trash first, you will never hear the good targets that lie below it all. Trash will mask out the coins and you will never find them, at least not the deeper ones. I am sure you will learn as you go and I look forward to seeing what you discover.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
N

Nailcollector

Greenie
Dec 13, 2014
NW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to t net ....Nail Collector. Isn't that ironic. Seriously though, you will find that you will need to dig a measure of trash and....nails... in order to have success with your MD. There are some sites where if you do not clear out all the surface trash first, you will never hear the good targets that lie below it all. Trash will mask out the coins and you will never find them, at least not the deeper ones. I am sure you will learn as you go and I look forward to seeing what you discover.:icon_thumright:

Yeah I've got a lot of work to do on that site. I know there is something good there but the nails and bits of wire are everywhere. I can put my pin pointer down in a random spot and it goes off. I dig around a bit and its a nail. Totally crazy.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the club ... :occasion14:

Duke

Jun 11, 2009
Woodstock N.Y.
Detector(s) used
QXT
For each site that has a lot of nails you can get the exact same signal a bunch of times and stop digging those but remember to dig those signals again because they may not be nails at the next site

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from a native Oklahoman now living in the mountains. I do a lot of nail collecting up here, mostly square nails. They are good for giving you an idea of the date of the site, if nothing else. Good hunting!

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard and HH. I spent the summer cleaning an area of 50 ft by 50 ft of nails. The goodies will pop sooner or later (later in my case since the ground is hard frozen now). Dont forget to dig all "nail" signal, sometimes you get a nice surprise ;D Wish you the best luck

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet!Nothing makes me happier then finding old nails,Lets me know i'm in the right place!Gl-HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nailcollector

Greenie
Dec 13, 2014
NW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For each site that has a lot of nails you can get the exact same signal a bunch of times and stop digging those but remember to dig those signals again because they may not be nails at the next site

Yeah I'm learning how to read the signals better. I've also learned that trash or treasure if I dig it up it doesn't stay in the field

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread