new to the hobby

farmboy

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2014
Eastern USA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to the mods and members for having such a nice forum! I came across you folks while researching my first metal detector (actually did so before I bought something for a change). The posts I saw were great, patient and kind folks sharing knowledge with new folks and old hands alike. The way a forum should be!

I have an ace-250 unit, seems to do well, went out for my first time today and found a few nifty things, I expect to find great things around the farm though. I plan to be a somewhat active member as I think this is a hobby I may just stick with, love that you folks share your daily finds great and small!

I'm mainly interested in relics, coins and of course caches! I have alot to learn, but looks like I'm in the right place.

thanks again!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
farmboy
Welcome to Tnet
Look for those old cellar holes around the farm...and those plowed fields will sometimes produce some good finds too.
Looking forward to seeing some of your finds .HH
Gary

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Farmboy; Greetings from Boston. Welcome to TNet. I look forward to your Posts and Pictures. Don't forget the pictures ok. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

OP
OP
F

farmboy

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2014
Eastern USA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks :thumbsup: I'll be sure to share finds with you folks, I think it'll be fun to have people who are as interested as I am in the junk I pull out of the ground haha...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello!
Yes, you will enjoy this site, and your new hobby... share with us your finds as we all do here.
I'm new with detecting also... learning and loving it! Love this site too!
WELCOME!!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come and the best of luck in your hunts ... :thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

Happy Hunting in 2015!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread