Greenie
Dec 27, 2014
Southern Tier N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,
Greetings from the Finger Lakes. I just purchased a Fisher F2 3-coil set with all the extra goodies from Kellyco. When I was a kid my grandfather had an old detector he kept as the farm, and we used to go hunting when we visited. It was not an extremely powerful detector, but it found enough stuff to get me hooked. Here we are years later and I'm excited to hunt the historic area where I live. I just got my rig on Christmas, and so far all I have been able to do is test it out in my front yard and my parents yard. We've found about 15 memorial pennies, a quarter, and some odd relics. It's nice out today, and I am heading up to my grandfathers farm for a hike. The key here is that there is an old foundation out in the woods that is from the 1800s. Other than that weak old unit Grampa had, I don't think it's ever been hunted.
Wish me luck! I hope to make a good post in the finds of the day forum later.
I also will note that I have read the code of ethics, and do hereby promise to be a good ambassador of this hobby. I will have permission for any hunt I do, and will follow the "leave no trace" policy.
Banjo Ben

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ben
Ever closer i`m 9 miles north of HHD.
I got 45 acres you can hunt here if you like .
Just off Johnson Hollow Rd......and up King Rd. to the top.
Gary

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the fun ... :notworthy:

OP
OP
B

Banjoben

Greenie
Dec 27, 2014
Southern Tier N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks DirtWarrior. Gary, That's great! I'd love to come up and see your place sometime. From your info there it looks like you have a shop. I hope to visit that too.
Just got back from hunting with some decent results. I'll post it in the proper forum. Either relic hunting, or todays finds. 1800s house and barn cellar holes!!!

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Ben! I am right down the road in Corning! Looks like a few of us are going to have to get together for a hunt. I'm available the first half of this week.

OP
OP
B

Banjoben

Greenie
Dec 27, 2014
Southern Tier N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! We definitely will have to get together. This upcoming week I have to work the first half. But we can figure something out soon!
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Good Luck in 2015!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread