Hello everybody new to this site

Tazman

Jan 26, 2015
Pinch, WV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello, I am new to this site and the treasure/relic hunting way of life, I live in WV and love to hunt and fish. This past year I got into ginseng hunting and hiked probably hiked approximately 75 to a 100 miles and I loved it. I just started wondering what kind of success I might have relic hunting the same areas while out scouting for ginseng this coming summer. My wife's late uncle had found numerous bayonettes, buttons, bullets, etc over the years. I aways wanted to go but never seemed to find the time but now I want to give it a go.

I am not sure if I should be going on so much or should I be posting this question on another forum area? For a beginner what equipment do I need and how much can I expect to spend? I don't have a lot of money to start with just looking for some input. I appreciate any comments.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: West Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! If you scroll through a lot of the new member posts the question of equipment for new hunters has been discussed, perhaps some of the suggestions will help you in your decision. You mentioned relic hunting, boy, that is a lot of fun; my favorite.

OP
OP
Tazman

Tazman

Jan 26, 2015
Pinch, WV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the kind welcome, I cannot wait to get out there and get started.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread