MedcnnmanRN

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2015
Trinity
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! I just purchased a new minelab Excalibur 2 after quite a bit of research. Almost bought the surfmaster dual but thought I might like the discrimination. I hope I made the right decision. Can anyone offer an opinion and/or guidance. I have owned many different metal detectors but now I am concentrating on beach and water. Thank you for your help! Jim

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come ... :hello2:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your new Excalibur II!
I along with others enjoy the balance one gets from a straight shaft. I use the carbon
fiber one from Rods by Plugger on eBay. Check them out!
To get up to speed, check out the books on the Excalibur by Clive Clynic or Gary Drayton!
Best of luck!

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
THat's human nature, second guessing your purchase! As with any machine, spend a lot of time using it. As you learn the Excalibur you will love it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

Learn the machine and it will reward you! Happy and Productive Hunting in 2015.

Regards,

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Jim

1619508_581728685237489_2007278343_n.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I second the carbon fiber straight shaft, I use an Anderson.

I also find a harness helps if hunting the wet or dry. I use the Minelab ProSwing but you can use any bungee harness, it helps with the weight a bit, as its a heavy detector......because its multi frequency VLF and waterproof, requires a bit more material.

The discrimination is nice, but try not to use it at first. Put it to "1" rather, and dig everything, it will take a few months, as with any detector, to learn the tones. When I have hunted trashy areas, the scrim really helped, I was impressed. You can't notch anything, but it works quite well.

I recommend a knob guard, it WILL fall over, and when it does, you don't want to have to send it in, its a cheap investment that will pay for itself!

Hose it off throughly after ever use with fresh water!!

Don't crank on the knobs, slow even pressure. If you torq to hard on the knobs, or go past their limit, they have been known to break, which may require sending the unit in.

You made a good choice with the Excal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions