Peckerwood

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2015
Rutherfordton N.Carolina
Detector(s) used
Very soon.. Not yet purchased.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to purchase one of these used. Sat for awhile & it was turned on made a beep. Then turned off. Tryed to set ground balance but was stuck. I read somewhere that some were auto set as Default. Can I ignore this option and still have decent work ability? Can anyone tell me anything? What to do or if I can get parts? I'm a handyman type and do not want to send it in. After I read some of the nightmares in here about service. I'd much rather try myself. Any info to share. whites.JPG

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First off welcome to tnet! Thinking you might find the help your asking for in the Metal Detecting forum on the home page instead of here in new member introductions. Hope you get the help you need. Lots of nice people here. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Peckerwood

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2015
Rutherfordton N.Carolina
Detector(s) used
Very soon.. Not yet purchased.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off welcome to tnet! Thinking you might find the help your asking for in the Metal Detecting forum on the home page instead of here in new member introductions. Hope you get the help you need. Lots of nice people here. Good luck.

Thanx 4 the reply. I had hoped I could post & couldn't find a place to open one. So I saw the welcome page to do it. This newby thing is always so much fun...lol.. I see ur in Pa. I lived all over but bought a house in Bethel. Basically across the road from the Pat Garret Amphitheater. Mtn. Lake Rd. Since been on the road & was in Fla. matter of fact a year in Lake Placid. NC now to stay. Have a great day .:thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is best to send it in for a check up. Years ago manufactures called the ground balance Automatic when in fact it was set to a certain point and manual took over from there. This is a dinosaur and I wouldn't spend any money on it sadly.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello "Peckerwood",

Welcome to the forum! Very nice piece of detecting history, White's is an excellent company. IMO, it is time to purchase a more modern machine. Do your research there are a lot of very nice machines to choose from, we all have our company/machine likes and dislikes, but in the end we all love the hobby.

Regards,

bstrade

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, The balance adjuster being stuck is the result of the detector sitting for a long time. Take the the little handle off and put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on it and should work loose. By the way, in 1979, this detctor was the top of the line that year. It retailed for 439.95. I personally own a Coinmaster 6/DBH, which is one step below your 6000/D. I am much more fond of analog equipment than digital. I think you have a nice machine there. It is not as user friendly as today's machines,but much better quality. bstrade

PS For the past few days, I was watching ebay for a 6000/D that I knew was going to be listed. I asked the person who was supposed to list it. What happened to it? She said, as soon as it was listed. It sold, people are watching for this detector. So take care of yours and enjoy it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions