New Member Introduction

Feb 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, Thank you for allowing me on to your forum. I am known as Somethingfornothing which is an aximorone, really, all of you give alot while enjoying what you do out there. I am looking for a metal detector and have my eyes on Garrett MTX, for use on beaches and for gold prospecting. I welcome any comments about what you think of this specific detector. This is alot of money, and once again, I welcome any comment on this detector. Thank you, and I look forward to meeting some of you out there.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet !

bassbro1

Feb 23, 2015
Oregon
Detector(s) used
A shovel and my eyes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello My name is Brandon. The gold bug hit me very young, around the age of 6. My uncle and his friend were miners near the Daisy Mine in southern Oregon. I always went with him. I found my first nugget (about the size of a pencil eraser) a few weeks after my sixth birthday. Since then I search for it when I can. Lately I got back into learning more about the LDM mine in AZ.

I have stared for hours at maps of everywhere, read every possible story I could find, and tried to figure out clues using Google Earth. Then it dawned on me. Even though Jacob was dying, why would he try and give directions to his mine? He was probably delirious and was still trying to give backwards information. I know I would never give the location of a mine like that (even on my death bed). The rest of the communications from varies accounts give a factual realism to giving wrong information to keep all the gold for themselves. There is something in gold that makes us crave greed. Stare at the nugget long enough and it may make you crazy with making sure nobody else finds your gold. (Look at the all intrusive movie Lord of the Rings. How could a ring make Golem so crazy? He called it his precious!) It is the same with gold.

I used my smarts and started really thinking about a crater. Gold originally comes from meteors. I panned out on Google Earth. I move just to the south east of Weavers needle and there before my eyes is a huge crater with one side eroded out. If I had the money to travel and check this area out without government inhibition, I would be at that very location in a heartbeat.

I guess the feeling of finding the LDM for real would bring great credentials, but personally it sounds like a lost cause.

GOLD-Making people crazy since the first time it was found-

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome Brandon

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone...
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to you both ... :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Brandon. Sounds like you've been searching a long time for that elusive prize. Good luck to you!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Somethingfornothing!

Hi everyone, Thank you for allowing me on to your forum. I am known as Somethingfornothing which is an aximorone, really, all of you give alot while enjoying what you do out there. I am looking for a metal detector and have my eyes on Garrett MTX, for use on beaches and for gold prospecting. I welcome any comments about what you think of this specific detector. This is alot of money, and once again, I welcome any comment on this detector. Thank you, and I look forward to meeting some of you out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread