New Illinoisan Member.

DJS3

Mar 3, 2015
Fairview Heights, IL, USA, North America, Western
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (Both just ordered).
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers all!
I'm Nick (The "D" in my username is for "Dominick") and I'm presently residing in Southern Illinois (St. Clair County),
though only for the last 14 years, as I'm originally from the Electric City of Scranton, PA.

I've happened upon this website a few times in the past and always enjoyed reading of everyone's stories of what
they've discovered and how they went about it. I've always been a fan of the richness of history and the idea of
taking up a hobby wherein I may be able to reach back through the pages of time to hold a piece of that history
in my hand is satisfying on so many levels. I used to collect both coins and stamps when younger for the same
reason. Those collections were stolen long ago, but perhaps if I'm lucky, I'll dig up a coin or two I used to cherish.

I'm still in the research phase of what equipment to start with and where to start searching. Since I currently don't
have too much free time during daylight hours, I'll have to contend with reading all your fascinating stories and sage
advice. Hopefully, I'll be equipped and have time to spare this summer for hunting and will be sharing my finds here.

I'll end my introduction by saying I've already discovered the best treasure I could ever dream of finding, my wife.
She is truly priceless.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Nick! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Illinois for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard Santy Claus ... :hello:

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Racer, ACE 250, Propointer AT, Cen-tec pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from another Illinoisan! There is a great deal of knowledge to be had on TN. If you can't find answers to your hunting questions here, you're probably out of luck.
Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
DJS3

DJS3

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from another Illinoisan! There is a great deal of knowledge to be had on TN. If you can't find answers to your hunting questions here, you're probably out of luck.
Happy Hunting!
Yea!!!! Someone else from the Land O' Lincoln!
I'm trying to read up on as much as I can here and figure out where near me I might be able to do some hunting.
Thanks for the welcome!

OP
OP
DJS3

DJS3

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the warm welcome, Shunkaha.
It must be a plasure to hunt in Montana.
I've never visited there, but I know it sure is pretty.

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the warm welcome, Shunkaha.
It must be a plasure to hunt in Montana.
I've never visited there, but I know it sure is pretty.

You're welcome bud. It's mostly 22 shells and some odd items occasionally. You're in a way better spot for some old relics or coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread