New Member from Northern Erie County in WNY

bstrade

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I am a one man band plumbing business in the Buffalo NY area. For about fourteen years, I have carried a Whites 2000/D Series 3 detector in my truck. Which I purchased from a customer for $25. Never understanding how to adjust it, just turn it on and listen for noise. Only used it three or four times in those years to find buried water boxes or sewer vents. This year after a lot of research this cold winter, I realized the potential of this little machine with a bigger coil. Recently purchased a Coinmaster 6/DBH on e-bay. And I have begun a search for the optional 15" coil that was produced for it. When the weather breaks, I plan to use them at every opportunity, for the experiance and finds. Whatever that may be. Ha! Ha!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Doing the research and learning your machines capabilities is the way to go to be successful.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet ! :occasion14:

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the fun ... :laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

THing4CSA

Aug 20, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
I use an XP-Deus and have a Whites DFX as a back-up/loaner detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi My Fellow TH'er; welcome to TreasureNet. I have found over the years that it really does not make a lot of difference what detector you have as long as you learn how to use it to it's fullest potential. You may own the most expensive detector made but until you learn how to use it all you have is a very expensive paper weight. Good luck now that Spring is here maybe you can get out and find some good items.

OP
OP
B

bstrade

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello THing4CSA,
I have never had an interest in metal detecting, until a customer told me how they lost thier wedding ring in thier lawn. That's when I started to research these things. I almost bought a brand new DFX from a local dealer. But stopped myself,because I'm a total green horn. I purchased a Coinmaster 6/DB on ebay for $50, which I think is just as nice. Other than storing settings. Anyway, I'm just going do this for the learning experiance. There is a optional 15" D5 GEB coil out in the world some where, for this detector. It is supposed to have nice depth capabilities. When the weather breaks, i"m hopng for the opportunity to look for the ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread