Greetings from Norway

KESAS

Apr 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

I've just registered as a member on TreasureNet.

Currently I have no "hands on" experience with treasure hunting or metal detecting. I've read several books on the subjects regarding deep water archeology, ship wrecks, sonars, etc.

My area of interest is what's below the ocean surface. That's why I've recently went through the PADI open water diver course, and is currently working on getting familiar with diving. It's also the reason why I've bought a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II metal detector. I will concentrate on shallow waters with sand bottom, and try to see if I get any results.

The place where I'm living was home to some of the Vikings for 1000 years ago. The Viking kings gathered here to have their Things. And many of their sea journeys has started here. It's also been found bronze arrows from 1000 years B.C. here, so it's clear that it has been a settlement here for quite some time.

Hopefully my searches will provide some good results!

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

I've just registered as a member on TreasureNet.

Currently I have no "hands on" experience with treasure hunting or metal detecting. I've read several books on the subjects regarding deep water archeology, ship wrecks, sonars, etc.

My area of interest is what's below the ocean surface. That's why I've recently went through the PADI open water diver course, and is currently working on getting familiar with diving. It's also the reason why I've bought a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II metal detector. I will concentrate on shallow waters with sand bottom, and try to see if I get any results.

The place where I'm living was home to some of the Vikings for 1000 years ago. The Viking kings gathered here to have their Things. And many of their sea journeys has started here. It's also been found bronze arrows from 1000 years B.C. here, so it's clear that it has been a settlement here for quite some time.

Hopefully my searches will provide some good results!

Welcome!
If you're not already aware of it, check out Aardvarchaeology - Archaeology, skepticism, Sweden, books, music, history.
It's a blog by a Swedish archaeologist/detectorist, who has made many interesting bronze age finds. It may give you a sense of the things you will possibly be coming across and some ideas where to hunt. He's a good guy.

Be sure to let us know what you find!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the show ... :headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing the story.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard!

OP
OP
K

KESAS

Apr 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello again!

It's been 3,5 years since I registered here, and I don't have anything new to share. But hopefully this will change soon... I'm as always interested in things below the surface. The last years I've read numerous books regarding WWII here in Norway. Lots of military ships, civilian ships and air planes is sunk all over the coast. Through some contacts I've made during this process, we've managed to almost pin point 3 plane wrecks from WWII which hasn't been found yet.

I've just ordered a side scan sonar system that consists of two twofishes on different frequencies. I've also ordered an inspection ROV with a 4K camera. This ROV is depth rated to 150 meters. This equipment together with my new Garmin 1222 XSV echo sounder with downview/sideview, hopefully will help us find the ship wrecks and get good pictures of them.

"Unfortunately" I'm in the middle of a house building process and I won't launch my boat until I've completed my house. The Garmin 1222 is waterproof, so I could mount this on my RIB to check for one of planes. This plane is thought to be located in relatively shallow waters (30-40 meters).

I'll post a new thread in the ship wreck forum if (when) we find something.

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome once again to the site. As a PADI diver I know there is a lot for you to find. And you can find anything from pre-Viking artifacts to lost items from summer holiday. You could find Nazi treasure and artifacts from the wars to coins and unbelievable amounts of goods people lose near the beaches as well. I look forward to reading great stories from a whole new world for most of us on this side of the pond! I envy you and your crew and welcome once again.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is amazing that is also a Dream of mine to search for things underwater. It will never come true but the next best thing is to hear from people like you, hope to read about your adventures. Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome also from Michigan

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well welcome back! Good luck with the house. I look forward to seeing what you find underwater.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread