New guy from San Diego

CalHunter

Apr 19, 2015
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey!

So new to register, but not new to the forums. Been visiting them for some time, I love the topics discussed here. I am currently serving in the Military and stationed in San Diego. My treasure hunting interests include searching for Kokoweef, Jesuit Treasure, and Peglegs Gold. I have recently begun searching for old mines in Julian as well. Been to a couple and brought back quarts rocks to process through my home made rock crusher.

I will be soon heading out and making trips to the Anza Borrego in search for my objects of interest. I do a lot of photography, so i will be taking my camera and will be posting progress.

What are your opinions of these treasure stories??

- David

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi David! Welcome to TNet! Kokoweef, Jesuit and Pegleg are definite interests among many here. Browse the Treasure Legend section and you will find hundreds of posts in relation to the above. Make sure you have time for a page turning read as the information contained and the people that have put their boots on the ground are nothing short of amazing in their research and what they share on the forums.
Are you into Prospecting? Metal Detecting or both? I have been doing research on the Anza trail. Simply fascinating.
Thank you for your service to our wonderful Country!
~ Tina

OP
OP
CalHunter

CalHunter

Apr 19, 2015
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thank you for paying your taxes!! haha.

I unfortunately, do not have a metal detector. I am very interested in prospecting, although I have yet to do any. I am new to actually getting boots on the ground searching for anything, so need to get started somewhere! Just been doing a lot of reading in the meantime. One of the most intriguing treasures to me is the Panamint Mountains underground civilization legends in Death Valley. However, that is too far of a drive for my current obligations so I had to switch my sights to the Anza.

I will definitely read up on those topics you mentioned! Excited to get started.

What type of research have you been doing on the Anza Trail?

-David

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
David,
This hobby is addicting at best. You will find that the more research you do, the easier your discovery time.
For me it's Metal Detecting. I have no clue on how to prospect, and the equipment seems overwhelming.
My research is on Juan Bautista de Anza, who is the person that the trail is named after.
He , along with Father Garces in 1774 established California and really changed what could have been a Non-existent California as we know it.
His route through the San Jacinto Mountains across the Santa Ana River leading 240 followers along with 1055 heads of livestock and mules leaves in my mind a ton to discover.
Along with him in his travels was a well known Bandit ( who I am researching now).
The Diaries of de Anza and Father Garces were discovered around 1920 and had to be translated. All was translated with the exception of the route from Hemet Valley to the Santa Ana River.
I know that people have discovered some artifacts along the Anza trail, but, if I can figure out the middle part of the cross over through Hemet, I know there are 100s of items yet to be discovered.
-Tina

OP
OP
CalHunter

CalHunter

Apr 19, 2015
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome. I had no idea about that history. Sounds like you will find some pretty neat stuff! Ive been looking into metal detectors. I will be getting one eventually.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
David,
Welcome to the TreasureNet!
You have great aspirations for goo gobs of treasure, that's for sure!
A great attitude, just (know) you (are) going to find something great..., sometime !!
Thanks for your Service to our Country!!!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the show ... :headbang:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome sir! Lots of treasure and info to be found here. Good luck!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find lots of gold.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah, my home town! I love the San Diego area! Welcome to the forum and yes, thank you for your service! Best of Luck!

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Researching, (to me) is the hardest part of this hobby. Good Luck.

I felt the same way when I first started out...how do I start? What do I research? Where do I research?? The questions were spinning in my brain and became overwhelming. Then, I reached out to a couple of members in the forums here for direction. Read KVM's books 6 and 7 along with other books and started finding my way with the history around where I live. I picked a subject (Bandits of the West) that peaked my interest and revisited the history lessons.
I have since found that the research can be just as addicting as the detecting! All in stride, there is more to find swinging that coil in front of us as we walk, or more to discover on the following page in a book, the next chapter or an old newspaper article.
For me, both are fun, both are mysterious, both can be rewarding and both can be relentless! [emoji16]
HH!

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Peg Leg thread and the Lost Ship Thread (both are located in the San Diego area) will give you some ideas on what to look for. I also can recommend Gollum's threads (and many others) in the Treasure Marks and Signs area. I am new as well, but reading the "Monument Trail" thread has given me the desire to find some of these signs for myself. And, you won't need a metal detector to find them. If you are interested in this topic, PM me. I don't have much time to hunt right now, but I am interested.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stationed in San Diego? NAVY I assume? My nephew is stationed at Coronado. He comes up for weekends.

Welcome and Thanks for serving U Raah

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread