vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Now, I am sure members will jump in shortly with suggestions. Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's best to by new if you are concerned about having a warranty. If I had a $200 budget I'd keep my eyes pealed to your local craigslist ads.

Below are a few suggested new model detectors that you may see for sale in your area.

Tecknetics Euro Tek Pro, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Garrett Ace 250, or if you aren't concerned with a display you could buy Tesoro Compadre new.

The Tesoro you could buy new and it comes with a lifetime warranty. Simple 1 knob system.

Welcome to Tnet and good luck with your purchase. I recommend you watch some videos on line, particularly for the models I listed and see which one appeals to your needs. I would also try to get a detector with a Double D coil.

You should also them be on the lookout for a pinpointer, headphones, a nice digging tool (you can get a small shovel at Ace hardware for under $20), knee pads, gloves, and something to put your finds in (I use a nail apron that cost $.88 at home depot).

I have a White's Classic ID that I use as a loner/back-up that I would sell for $160 and I will ship for free. I will throw in a pair of headphones (free), for an addition $20 I will throw in a Bounty Hunter pinpointer. I have a copy of the manual that will go with the detector along with a spare battery tray.

PM me if your interested.

00H0H_gmwAZdKUep4_600x450.jpg

myHPAjTP2vFL7L6yoLRvuEQ.jpg

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett Ace 250...

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's best to my new if you are concerned about having a warranty. If I had a $200 budget I'd keep my eyes pealed to your local craigslist ads.

Below are a few suggested new model detectors that you may see for sale in your area.

Tecknetics Euro Tek Pro, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Garrett Ace 250, or if you aren't concerned with a display you could buy Tesoro Compadre new.

The Tesoro you could buy new and it comes with a lifetime warranty. Simple 1 knob system.

Welcome to Tnet and good luck with your purchase. I recommend you watch some videos on line, particularly for the models I listed and see which one appeals to your needs. I would also try to get a detector with a Double D coil.

You should also them be on the lookout for a pinpointer, headphones, a nice digging tool (you can get a small shovel at Ace hardware for under $20), knee pads, gloves, and something to put your finds in (I use a nail apron that cost $.88 at home depot).

I have a White's Classic ID that I use as a loner/back-up that I would sell for $160 and I will ship for free. I will throw in a pair of headphones (free), for an addition $20 I will throw in a Bounty Hunter pinpointer. I have a copy of the manual that will go with the detector along with a spare battery tray.

View attachment 1152424

View attachment 1152425
That sounds like a generous offer

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :notworthy:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If buying new, a Teknetics Eurotek Pro is close to perfection. Works well in all areas and it's target I.D. is second to none. A great detector for the price!

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the Eurotek Pro if you want a machine with a VDI readout. If you want to really want to learn conductivity scale and have fun machine the Tesoro Silver uMax

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's best to by new if you are concerned about having a warranty. If I had a $200 budget I'd keep my eyes pealed to your local craigslist ads.

View attachment 1152424

View attachment 1152425

I would recommend this deal.
Great beginner setup.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

Loco-Digger is offering a nice value package for someone new to the hobby. Another option could be a Garrett ACE 250, very easy to use and has a fairly good detecting depth for an introductory machine. You will still need to purchase a Pin Pointer (makes recovery very easy) and proper digging tools (less harm to the grass). Do not forget to checkout our sponsors and classified section - good buys can be found.

Good Luck in your search and hunting experience.

Best regards,

Doc

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If buying new, a Teknetics Eurotek Pro is close to perfection. Works well in all areas and it's target I.D. is second to none. A great detector for the price!

Great post!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread