Hi, New And Know Not One Thing- From North Of Harrisburg PA :)

Antje

Apr 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi! My husband and I do have a metal detector and have been poking around quite a lot- BUT I got incredibly sidetracked by the rocks and minerals in our teeny, tiny valley. It's ridiculous- the table by our back door is filled with ' interesting' finds- none of value I am sure, although who knows? It's launched this huge interest- love to know more and it's REALLY tough to find good information on the internet. This forum seem like a friendly, non-pretentious place, thought maybe I'd learn a ton here while browsing other subjects, too. Pretty sure there is no gold here but it's really fun to read those threads!

We're in Eastern PA, Central, north of Harrisburg. Very close to those areas where fossil hunters come to find super impressions in shale- St. Clair, etc., we were hooked on those as children. My father grew up not far from there and knew all the best places. It must have given me the rock/fossil/treasures/whatever bug really early! Still, never became smitten until a couple of years ago. It became apparent this is a really overwhelming field- SO much out there, a lot of incorrect information I think? Ebay seems terrible- not a good place to browse and learn, right?

Anyway, will probably still be a lurker because I know so little, hopefully also have feedback for what we have around here, too- I ' think ' quartz but some of your photos seem to tell us otherwise on a few. Who knows what else? My husband is looking forward to really getting around with our detector. I'll be bugging him to come here too. Too fun, for one thing!

gigispop7

Mar 22, 2009
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say you came to the right place . this site is a lot better that others.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come ... :notworthy:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome Antje You should be able to learn allot here .
Get that detector out too !

What brand is it?

As a Lurker, I'm sure you've seen our Brand Specific Forums if you's have questions on it

Last edited:

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you are having problems identifying rocks, I am sure you could google it, just ask 'what rock is that' or 'rocks of (your area') you will find heaps of photos, I'm sure.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard from another resident of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome neighbor,,,,

I am "just down the road" ,,location WISE..

Actually in a very good location to hunt relics and coinage.
Drop a line when y'all get time,, possibly do some MDing

HH

Hit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread