New guy from NWPA

rustyshovel

Greenie
Apr 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would start over. Ive posted one other time in here a while back but after that I wasn't sure I'd be posting anything because I didn't think I would be getting a detector any time soon. Well to my surprise I am the owner of a Garrett Ace 350. My Wife and kids bought it for me as a birthday gift yesterday! I was blown away because a week ago or so I mentioned wanting one and her response was something like "when would you have time for that" (I'm a very busy guy), so they got me! As you can imagine I didn't waste any time getting it all together and trying it out with my daughter at a beach. We found 4 old pennies (just Lincoln's ), an old bottle top and just some other junk but it was just as fun as I expected it would be. There is definitely a learning curve with all the settings, noises etc. I also live right by an old public park and tried it out there as well and got tons of hits but wasn't able to find anything as I need to invest in some decent digging tools. I did have one question...in that park, I had it set to coins and sensitivity set to the middle and I was getting decent "bell" sounding tones but every time I targeted something the depth indicator said 8+ inches, I just an't believe all these coins or whatever's would be that deep in this park.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to treasureNet again :tongue3: Rusty !
sorry ! I can't help you with the Garrett 350 But I'm sure someone here can.
Especially if you post that question in the Garrett section also.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Rustyshovel,

Welcome to the forum! You did say an old park. Just a thought, there could be many small pieces of 'canslaw"; these fall in the good range and will show a greater depth on the gauge. Also try moving at 90 degree angles around the object and see if the signal continues to sound good. If it does, dig it! In the beginning it may be of some use to dig everything and learn the VID's and the sounds of targets. I wish you well, and most of all have fun detecting with your children, it's a priceless experience.

Regards,

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard from another resident of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can slaw and soda cans can set coin signals off. Raise your coil 6-8 inches above the target, if you are still getting a signal, it's bigger than a coin( probably soda can).

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread