Beginner treasure hunter

TJsdad

May 17, 2015
Sycamore IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am preparing to begin a new hobby of treasure hunting!! Im looking for advice on what equipment i need and how to get it on a limited budget. Im moving to Asheville NC soon and maybe someone knows a good place to begin down there. Im mostly interested in metal detecting for coins and historic artifacts and panning for gold. Thx!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet..JPG Suggest you read all you can on metal detecting as any answer you get here on equipment will be incomplete.

OP
OP
T

TJsdad

May 17, 2015
Sycamore IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx for the advice. My budget is very limited tho. As far as metal detectors go ill have to take whatever i can get.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! You need to get he basics; Tesoro Compadre w/ 8" coil - $170.00; Lesche hand digger - $40.00; kneepads; gloves; handheld pinpointer

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello TJsDad,

Welcome to the forum! As other have and will state, read (watch YouTube) all you can about the type of treasure hunting you intend to pursue. Take your time and save your money, saving for a slightly better machine ( categories: introduction, mid-range and high-end machines) that you can grow with in the years to come will be a better choice. Remember, it's not just the detector, there are must have tools and would like to own; members here will help you along through the maze of detectors and accessories.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors,

Professor

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the forum ... :notworthy:

FINDER BINDERS

Apr 23, 2015
SOUTHERN NJ
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO / WHITE 6000 DI PRO / WHITES SPECTRUM XLT / WHITES DFX / WHITES 808 DEEPSEARCH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME TO TREASURE NET!

this site is a great resource for you as a new user. feel free to browse through the multiple forums to find out what your preferences are and if you have a question please feel free to post that questions in the proper forum!

its tough when looking for a GOOD and CHEAP detector. if I could tell you anything. save your money for something that a lot of people really stand behind because sooner or later after the time you pick up that cheap but EFFICIANT detector. your going to want something better.

I have a GARRETT AT PRO and I love it. completely submergible up to 10 ft! and if you do pick up a MD make sure you score a pinpointer. usually the bundle are you best bet!

happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread