new to the site from texas but am in Lignite ND

davidh

Greenie
Jun 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
atpro ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my name is david and I have been hunting treasure about three years now. I had an ace 250 but have upgraded to a AT Pro. While out on one of my excursions I met a man I call Canada Mike. He invited me to hunt on the grounds where an old school and church are located but the old school is long gone. On my hunt with Canada Mike I got some much needed lessons on how to use my new AT Pro and now am getting really good at finding neat treasures. Some of the treasures I have found are not in great shape but I am still a rookie. The treasures are 1925circa makeup compact lid, a harmonica reed and top plate but the wood body was gone, my first buffalo nickel with no date, my first mercury dime 1943, two silver Canadian dimes 1962 & 1943, a one cent Canada penny 1916 holed, 1920 Canadian penny, sterling silver rings, about 5 nickels from the 1950's and 40's, 5 Canadian pennies from the 1940's & 50's, couple of old buttons one with an eagle and an anchor appears to be naval but can't get an actual age on it and then a large roman button that say roma 26, and a trade token that says "good for 5 in trade guaranteed by eclipse No.3 am trying to get my wife to post pictures of my treasures as soon as she figures out how to do it.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard David! Great finds so far. Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TN, David! The trade token you have found has been attributed to Detroit, MI - that was probably the location of the factory that made the slot machine or "trade stimulator" called the Eclipse, since the actual machines were used all over. The tokencatalog.com site is needing an image of the No. 3 one, so please consider posting your pics there when you can.
John in the Great 208

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come ... :thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you received some lessons on the AT Pro. Good Luck this year.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave, Canada Mike here haha! I saw your post with your finds from around the old school there, you're doing great. That area was pounded hard back in the 80's and 90's by some guys, and I have detected there many times as well. Good job on making some nice finds. Thanks God its a massive area, always something to find. Congrats on the finds, I'm hoping to get back down there sometime soon. I'll message you.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread