Another newb that got lucky.

sonoramike

Jun 30, 2015
Nor cal
Detector(s) used
Bh platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've always seen these guys out working the beaches lake shores and parks. Always thought that looks fun and possibly rewarding. Well I was sitting around the house this last Saturday being bored and decided to take a look at the Craigslist app on my phone. Just so happens someone local had just listed a bh platinum for $40. After a quick google search I responded to the add and was told he was entertaining offers ok no biggie. Well not a few minutes later he calls back and says it's mine if I want it ,well ok I'm on my way. A few minutes later my wife calls to tell me my 9 yr old is on YouTube figuring how to use it.
Meanwhile I meet this guy and it was opposite of what I was expecting,this was an older guy in a newer car that just didn't use it and needed a few dollars. I expected some damn tweaker.
As soon as I got home my son was ready to go!! So even though it was 105 degrees out he was out digging up the yard. He finally came in and the rest of the eve he told me how bad he wanted to hit the local lake.
Well next morning I woke up and decided wth I'm gonna take him out to the lake. Well in about 10 minutes he pulls a railroad spike,5 minutes later it's a newer penny,not a minute later it's a damn nugget.... Not huge but still a nugget.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435721280.242667.jpg

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from NE Ohio.
Thats a real nice find.

Engine

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome and welcome :thumbsup:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rail Road spikes are always keepers ! People blacksmith them to make high quality knifes is the story I've been told. Can anyone confirm this?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nugget find! Welcome to the forum.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come ... :hello2:

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! The nugget looks like a pair of wings! Congrats.

OP
OP
S

sonoramike

Jun 30, 2015
Nor cal
Detector(s) used
Bh platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. And thanks for tips about the regional area of the forum I joined through and have only navigated via tapatalk. Now I will have to get on the computer to get the whole scope of this forum.
Oh and Northern California here.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread