Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, great place to be for when Mother Nature exposes what is beneath all that sand. I'd suggest getting a detector and begin learning the ropes so you will be ready to stand a chance of making some decent 1715 finds this autumn and winter. Expect to spend about 100 actual use hours with your machine on the beach just to gain a working proficiency with it, and you will want that experience behind you when the weather sweeps away the sand. A lot of the guys in your neighborhood have tens of thousands of hours of use with their machines, and know how the weather and tides affect what is likely to turn up on the beach, where to look, and when. Their repeated good finds are a lot more than good luck. I'd suggest you join the local metal detecting club at your earliest convenience and start tapping into the pool of knowledge available there. Good luck in your search for 1715 treasure, and overcoming the trials and travails that come with learning how to decipher what a metal detector is telling you.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Good Luck this year.

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to the forum from a new member in the same area. Don't forget to attend some of the events commemorating the 300th anniversary of the 1715 fleet at the end of the month. I posted some of the lectures and free events in the Shipwrecks forum here. -Dave

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
meddle check your pm..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread