Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :thumbsup:

Bein' from Christiansburg, I generally hit the local parks, play-grounds and schools ... there's also plenty of old homesteads around that need huntin' as well as farm lands

Hope this helps some

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L

Lyttonj

Jul 22, 2015
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! Dirt Warrior how often do you go MD? Would you like to meet up and go sometime?

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
My understanding is that one can go to the city of Roanoke and obtain some sort of permit for ten bucks to hunt some ghost town or abandoned lumber camp or whatever it is that is city/county property. This from a fellow in Lynchburg who claims he regularly hunts this site and has shown me some old silver coins he found (Mercs) I've never followed up on it or taken him up on the offer to go with him, coz Im too busy digging around here (Appomattox and Lynchburg) to go the whole way to Roanoke. You might want to do some follow up on it since you are closer.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When we drove down to Virginia Tech, from New York, I was drooling over all of those farm fields and woods! The Revolutionary and Civil war stuff, old Spanish silver, and gold just under the surface.. Makes me want to take another nine-hour drive!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My understanding is that one can go to the city of Roanoke and obtain some sort of permit for ten bucks to hunt some ghost town or abandoned lumber camp or whatever it is that is city/county property. .

NOT!

At least last I checked, and RENEWED.

The permit to hunt Roanoke city parks is FREE.

E-Mail:

[email protected]

for your permit.

It's good for one year. I renewed after the first year FOR FREE.

But, I did not renew my last when it expired.

Thus, my info is subjective....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread