Ayer, MA
Detector(s) used
-AT Pro w/ 8.5"x11" DD Coil
-Ace 250 w/ 12"x13" NEL Tornado
-Garrett Pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

My name is Justin, I'm a 30 year old Computer Admin from Ayer, Massachusetts. I've been detecting for a couple years now, and I was hoping to find some additional info here on the site as well as some folks in my area that may want someone to detect with. A little about myself: I served 5 years full time in the U.S. Army, with one deployment to Baghdad, Iraq. I was awarded the Bronze Star as well as the Combat Action Badge. Feel free to say hi and/or shoot a message my way if you want someone to detect with. Thank you and I will talk to you all soon.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome.

I too am an Army Vet. (just a little older).

Taught at Ft Devens, back when it was an Army Intelligence School.

(needless to say, I spent a lot of time in Ayer).

Small world.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Justin! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the forum ... :notworthy:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Justin; Greetings from Boston. Welcome to the TNet. Think about kjoining a Club like the MA Treasure Hunting ssociation here in Newton. They are at Mass Treasure - Home ok. We'll hook you up right away ok. PEACE:RONB

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome to the site... thankyou for your service... and go Sox!... I mean ....go Pats!!

OP
OP
T

TheBigJustino

Greenie
Jul 27, 2015
Ayer, MA
Detector(s) used
-Garrett Pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I ended up detecting a local park last night after reading some tips and tricks from this site, and what a difference. I taped the lower portion of my coil wire to the shaft and in no time I could discriminate trash from a solid target. It definitely made life easier by improving accuracy and minimizing false positives. Thanks again!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Justin to the forum from Massachusetts.

Good Luck this season.

buckster3257

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone I'm from Martha's Vineyard but am going to college in Bridgewater Massachusetts But I also grew up in Canton Massachusetts before I moved to Martha's Vineyard. Anyway I was curious if anyone knew any good spots around the bridgewater or canton area. I've heard about some good areas around blue hills but havn't had a chance to check it out. I'm very interested in military history and was wondering if anyone had heard of small skirmishes around those areas during the revolutionary war. And if anyone comes to Martha's Vineyard for vacations let me know I'll share as much knowledge of the area as I know. Glad to see everyone is so friendly and good hunting!!!

OP
OP
T

TheBigJustino

Greenie
Jul 27, 2015
Ayer, MA
Detector(s) used
-Garrett Pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome.

I too am an Army Vet. (just a little older).

Taught at Ft Devens, back when it was an Army Intelligence School.

(needless to say, I spent a lot of time in Ayer).

Small world.

That's awesome. I've actually done some detecting on Devens. Found my first buffalo nickle at Mirror Lake.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard and Thank You for your service!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet, the original and oldest treasure forum on the net.... Have fun, if you have questions don't be shy, just ask!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread